Doing business in multiple currencies or considering international growth? M&T Bank offers a variety of foreign exchange services for companies of all sizes.
What We Offer
The three-trillion-dollar foreign exchange market is extremely volatile. The M&T team can help you avoid unnecessary exposure to risk and simplify the complex process of doing business with multiple currencies.
We work with you to:
- Fix the value of foreign payables and receivables months in advance
- Reduce your company’s risk by identifying natural hedging opportunities
- Create more predictable returns by timing cash flows and monitoring currency values on imports and exports
- Facilitate your international business with foreign wires and drafts, executed as spot transactions or forward contracts
- Spot transactions are deals done at the current market price
- Forward contracts allow you to “lock in” the U.S. dollar value of your foreign payables prior to the actual payment or receipt
- Reduce uncertainty when bidding on foreign opportunities with option contracts
- Option contracts give you the right, but not the obligation, to purchase or sell currency at a specific future date
Looking for insights into specific foreign markets? We offer daily commentary service as well as personalized research on individual currencies and countries.
We deal in all major currencies, including but not limited to:
- The Euro
- British pound
- Canadian dollar
- U.S. dollar
- Australian dollar
- Japanese yen
Organizations that routinely conduct cross-border business look to us for well-informed insights and flawless service