Education & Not-for-Profit Banking
Meet your organization's financial goals with reliable financing, and specialized education and not-for-profit financial products, delivered by experienced professionals from M&T Bank.
Benefit from our individualized approach to not-for-profit banking.
M&T Bank's Education and Not-for-Profit Banking Group strives to provide tailored financial solutions that accommodate the unique needs of our clients, including tax-exempt financing, new markets and historic tax credit support and investing, and loans based on capital campaign pledges, tuition, and dues.
About Our Team
Led by Marguerite Mugge, the Education and Not-for-Profit Banking Group includes more than 50 seasoned not-for-profit bankers and support staff who have extensive regional industry experience and are members of your local community from the mid-Atlantic to New England.
We serve every type of not-for-profit organization – from schools to human service providers and religious organizations to associations and trade unions. We serve over 3,000 clients, and we currently manage over $2 billion in credit commitments.
Get in touch.
Find out what we can do for you. Our Relationship Managers are regionally located, so you can work with someone who is familiar with your community. Contact Us to schedule a meeting with M&T business partners who can help you with your specific banking, borrowing, insurance, investment or other financial needs.
Every organization has different financial needs and goals. Our Relationship Managers learn about yours and then collaborate with M&T Product Specialists across the bank to craft an optimal combination of products and services. Combined with our extensive experience, this allows us to structure creative and sustainable financial solutions to help meet your needs.
- Tax-exempt financing, both bank-held (through M&T Bank and subsidiaries)
- New Markets Tax Credit Program equity investor and leveraged lender
- Historic Tax Credit equity investor and bridge lender
- Lending based on capital campaign pledges
- Working capital financing
- A full range of depository, payment solutions, and treasury management products and services
- Purchasing cards and merchant card services
Services Provided by Wilmington Trust
With access to financing, investment and insurance solutions, you can enjoy a service experience that addresses your specific financial goals.
Foundation and endowment advisory services:
- Dedicated business segment devoted to not-for-profits
- Assistance in drafting or revising your investment policy statement
- Assessing your sustainable spend
- Managing your strategic and tactical asset allocation
- Implementing your portfolio within an open architecture structure of professional management
- Tailored investment of endowment, short-term, and defined benefit assets
- Fiduciary assistance
- Comprehensive reporting and client communication
Institutional client services:
- Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (comprehensive discretionary investment advisory)
- Fixed income and equity investment management
- Tax-exempt bond trustee
- Custody of investments
- Administration of employee benefit plans
- Captive insurance management
M&T Insurance Agency, Inc. Services
- P&C coverage with a unique understanding of your property and casualty risks
- D&O coverage to assist you in attracting and retaining qualified directors and officers
- Surety bonds as needed for construction projects or to replace letters of credit or security deposits