Discover a better way to help manage your accounts receivable.
M&T Bank's Lockbox Service is an efficient way to collect payments mailed to you. M&T picks up mail directly from the post office throughout the day, deposits the checks into your account, and provides you with deposit information over through Treasury Center, so you can update your records.
- Save time. Less time preparing checks for deposit means more time to spend on what's important
- Get faster access to your money. Customer payments can be deposited as much as three days earlier in some cases
- Get insight into your business. Lockbox can modernize your accounts receivable systems, providing daily detailed reporting, increased research ability, and easy access to archived payments
- Enjoy peace of mind. Since customer payments bypass internal processing and come directly to M&T, Lockbox is a cost-effective way to reduce the risk of internal fraud loss
- Enhanced customer service and accounts receivable posting. With our Imaging feature, images of remittance checks and documents are available as soon as 30 minutes after processing, and you can access images via Treasury Center, CD or direct transmission
Our Lockbox Services
Whatever your needs, whatever the size of your business, Lockbox can help you streamline your accounts receivable.
- Wholesale Image Lockbox. Tailored processing and reporting for timely and accurate processing of your business-to-business payments
- Retail Image Lockbox. Captures and reports critical information from your machine-scannable invoice. Typically used for consumer-to-business payments
- Lockbox for Business. A simplified Lockbox, designed for small business owners
- Property Manager Lockbox. Simplifies payment processing from multiple properties to multiple deposit accounts using a single Lockbox
- Tax Lockbox. A Lockbox solution to help New York State municipalities collect tax payments efficiently
- Canadian Lockbox. A P.O. box in Canada expressly for companies with a Canadian customer base
Enhance your service with real-time decision/event notification.
Decisioning, as it is called, is an optional add-on feature that allows you to process your exception items easily and efficiently and search for items by date, amount, batch or invoice number. Images of exception items are posted online to Image Lockbox where you can review them 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
You can enter missing information and choose to accept or reject exception items. Accepted items will be processed the same business day. Images can be viewed as soon as 30 minutes after deposit processing and are available for 90 days. We also offer expanded storage options for up to seven years.
Request a demo.
For a personal walkthrough of this powerful new system and the available options, contact your M&T Relationship Manager, or call 1-800-724-2240, M-F, 8:00am-6:00pm ET, to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced Treasury Management Consultants.