People's United - Personal Banking
How do I reset my M&T Online Banking for Business passcode?
If you have not yet logged in to M&T Online Banking for Business for the first time or have tried to log in but were unsuccessful:
Try resetting your passcode at mtb.com/reset. To reset your passcode, you’ll need:
- Your People’s United Online Banking Business User ID
- Your Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Your activated M&T Business Debit or Credit Card and PIN
- If you haven’t activated your M&T Business Debit or Credit Card, follow the instructions on the sticker on the front of your card
Once you receive confirmation on the screen that you've successfully reset your passcode, click the green "Log in to Online Banking" button and use your People's United User ID and newly created passcode to log in.
You may need help resetting your passcode. You'll need to contact an M&T Representative at 1-800-790-9130 if:
- You don’t know your People’s United Business User ID or
- You’re People’s United Business User ID has a special character (e.g.,! $ # & * etc.) or
- You don't have or are unable to activate your M&T Business Debit or Credit Card
If you have already logged in to M&T Online Banking for Business:
Go to mtb.com/reset.
You'll be asked to enter your User ID and Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number.
Next you’ll need to verify your identity. You can either use your M&T Debit Card or ATM Card, your M&T Credit Card, your M&T Online Banking Security Questions, your M&T Mortgage Account or other verification method. It’s important to note:
- If you use your M&T Debit or ATM card, you will also need your PIN number
- If you use your M&T Credit Card, you will also need your 3-digit Security Code
- If you opt to answer your security questions, you will need to answer two correctly
- If you use your M&T Mortgage Account, you will need your account number
Once you’ve provided all the necessary information, you can change your passcode and use your User ID and newly created passcode to log in to M&T Online Banking for Business.