How can we help?
We know that many of you have made adjustments in your lives due to the impacts of COVID-19, and we're here to help you along the way.
How We're Keeping You Safe
- We've placed markings on the floor to help you practice social distancing
- We're wearing masks and waving instead of shaking hands
- We're cleaning high touch surfaces like ATMs in accordance with the CDC's guideline
- We're limiting the number of customers in the branch at any one point in time
- We're requiring employees to stay home when they're not feeling well
What You Can Do Too
- We ask that you wear a mask in accordance with the guidelines in your area. Masks should cover your nose and mouth and be secured under your chin, per CDC guidelines
- Maintain a measurable distance between yourself and other customers
- If you're experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or may have been exposed to the virus, we kindly ask that you do not enter the branch lobby
- Infographic: What You Need to Know About Mortgage Forbearance
- Consumer Federal Protection Bureau (CFPB) Resource Center
- HUD Homeowner Counseling Resources or HUD's Phone Number: 1-800-569-4287
- For HUD Loans
- For VA Loans
- For USDA Loans
- For Section 184 Indian Home Loans
- For Freddie Mac Loans
- For Fannie Mae Loans
If you are having trouble making your mortgage payments, call us at 1-800-724-1633.
Resources & Insights
M&T Money Mentor
Explore our online financial education center with topics on budgeting, credit management, and others to help you plan during this uncertain time.
Explore Wilmington Trust's perspective on the pandemic's impact on investments and the economy
M&T Money Smart
Organize your finances and create robust budgets using our digital financial management tool.
Explore resources and insights for you and your family as you adjust to life during this time.