Self-Service Banking by Phone
After your People’s United accounts transition to M&T systems, you’ll have a new experience when calling M&T and we want to share some helpful information to help make the transition as easy as possible.
Enjoy the convenience of M&T’s automated telephone banking to assist in most of your banking needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Personal bankers are available:
- Monday through Friday, 6am–9pm ET
- Saturday and Sunday, 9am–5pm ET
Helpful hints when calling us
What you'll need when you call
- Your M&T account number and Social Security Number, or
- Your M&T debit card number and debit card PIN
For your security, we use this information to confirm your identity when you call us.
Please note: You will no longer need your People’s customer access code to bank by phone at M&T.
Once you call 1-800-414-9435, you will select from a list of menu items by touch tone. Then identify yourself, receive your account balance and be prompted for what you need.
Please note: Call quality as well as background noise can impact the accuracy of our voice response system. If you are in a noisy environment, you may choose to use touch tone for increased accuracy.
Calling M&T 24/7
When calling 1-800-414-9435, using a touch tone phone, you can choose from one of the options below.
Press the number and follow the prompts:
Account information such as:
|If you are calling about your new M&T Debit or ATM card||Press 2|
|For assistance with M&T Mobile and Online Banking||Press 3|
|To obtain your new M&T Account Number||Press 4|
|For all other inquiries||Press 0|
How to get your balance or transaction history
- Select Option 1 “Account Information” at the Main Menu
- Enter your M&T account number and the first 5 digits of your Social Security Number or M&T debit card number and debit card PIN
- You will hear your account balance
- Select Option 2 “Transaction History” at the next menu to hear Withdrawals, Deposits, or Check information
Please note: Menu options may differ depending on which M&T phone number you call. Please listen carefully before making selections.