Learn what protective security measures M&T has in place to help protect you from cybercriminals.
How M&T Protects You from Cybercriminals
M&T Bank Corporation maintains a comprehensive Enterprise Information Security Program that is shared with our Regulators and aligned with an industry standard incorporating five core functions
- Identify: Identify risks to systems, data and assets to prioritize the Bank’s information security activities
- Protect: Develop and implement safeguards to protect our customers’ information
- Detect: Implement technology to identify anomalies and events
- Respond: Create and utilize activities to limit the impact of a detected cybersecurity event
- Recover: Execute plans to restore and recover from a natural or man-made event
M&T employs multiple layers of security and defense including:
- Network and location perimeter protection
- Real time continuous monitoring and detection of security incidents
- Vulnerability and penetration testing
- Intrusion detection and prevention systems
Policies and Standards:
- M&T develops and follows information security policies and standards to protect our customer and corporate information
Information Security Awareness Program:
- M&T has a robust information security awareness program to help safeguard our customers’ information and data
- We continually train and educate our employees to ensure they understand cybersecurity risks, threats and the latest scams
If you are concerned your account has been compromised, please contact M&T Online Customer Service at 1-800-790-9130 (Monday–Friday 8am–9pm, Saturday–Sunday 9am–5pm ET).
To report phishing scam attempts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.