Why Consider an M&T Securities Financial Advisor
An M&T Securities Financial Advisor takes the time to work with you, understand your unique situation and make investment strategy recommendations designed to help you reach your goals and needs.
Approachable, responsible, accessible—and here for you
We understand that even thinking about your financial future can be overwhelming. You may be delaying making a plan—or updating an existing plan—because you're unsure where to turn.
That's where we can help. We want to provide you with the information and tools you need to feel more confident about your financial decisions.
We take a pretty simple approach when it comes to investment and insurance guidance.
- We talk. And listen. And leave the buzzwords and jargon at the door
- We have conversations. Conversations in which we apply our experience to gain a better understanding of what you want and need. And what’s realistic. That’s when we’ll make appropriate, responsible recommendations based on your unique situation
- We make ourselves available. We’re here, right where you come to bank – you already know us. We work and live where you do, too
We’re M&T Securities. And this is what makes us the approachable consultant. We’ll work to understand what your needs are today, and what your plans are for tomorrow.
Who needs a financial advisor?
Financial advisors can assist people at all income and savings levels. We can help you:
- Create short and long-term strategies for buying a home, funding a child’s college education or planning for retirement
- Determine how much to save and how much to invest
- Evaluate accounts and investments that are appropriate for your situation
- Minimize the time, energy and anxiety required to plan and execute investment strategies on your own
- Establish a budget for your current needs and help you formulate the discipline to put money aside for your future
- Protect your future with insurance coverage that aligns with your financial goals
- Understand how tax-smart investments may allow you to keep more of what you earned
- Leave a legacy that matches your vision
What to expect from an advisor.
Through a conversation or series of conversations, your M&T Securities Financial Advisor will help you sort out what’s important to you—the difference between what you need and want, the amount of time available to reach your goals, and your comfort level with the risks involved in investing.
Next, your advisor will create an investment plan that matches your goals and help you manage that plan over time, especially during periods of market volatility.
Most importantly, your advisor can also help you determine if it’s time to adjust your investment strategy when your situation changes. For instance, shifts in your income could change your financial goals, or the time available to reach them. Or changes in your family—births, deaths, marriage or divorce—may require tweaks to your approach.
Your relationship with your M&T Securities Financial Advisor will evolve through periodic meetings, but you can call us for guidance at any point throughout your journey.
Learn more in Why You Should Consider a Financial Advisor (PDF), an article describing how financial advisors can support you in reaching your goals, as well as tips on finding the right one for you.
Let’s work together.
Financial complexities are growing by the day, so there’s no time like the present to begin planning. We’re here to help you on your way.
Ready to get started? Talk to an M&T Securities Financial Advisor today at your local M&T Bank branch to create a personalized plan designed to help you reach your financial goals.
Check our Background
Get important facts about M&T Securities, Inc. using FINRA's BrokerCheck tool.