BUSINESS AND COMMERCIAL BANKING
Business Mobile and Online Resource Center
Tips regarding M&T Online Banking for Business
- Once you have logged in and can see your accounts, you should only log in at mtb.com or on the M&T Mobile Banking for Business app
- In some instances, People's United profiles were not migrated to M&T Online Banking for Business and you may need to enroll. The administrator (an authorized owner/signor) of your business account can now enroll in M&T Online Banking for Business. Go to mtb.com/Enrollment and follow the instructions.
- If you weren't already enrolled in People's United Business Online Banking platform eTreasury+, you can explore our M&T Banking Online services and enroll now
M&T Online Banking for Business first-time login instructions
Try resetting your passcode if you haven't yet tried to log in or haven't been able to successfully access your accounts online.
Step 1: Go to mtb.com/reset to get started.
- If you have previously logged in successfully, please ignore the steps below and login as you normally would at mtb.com/login
- Do not use the M&T Mobile Banking for Business app to log in for the first time
Step 2: Follow the prompts and enter the required information. You'll need:
- Your People's United Business User ID
- Your Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Your activated M&T Business Debit or Credit Card and PIN
- If you haven’t activated your M&T Business Debit or Credit Card, follow the instructions on the sticker on the front of your card
You may need help resetting your passcode. You'll need to contact an M&T Representative at 1-800-790-9130 if:
- You don’t know your People’s United User ID or
- You’re People’s United User ID has a special character (e.g.,! $ # & * etc.) or
- You don't have or are unable to activate your M&T Business Debit or Credit Card
Step 3: Once you receive confirmation on the screen that you have successfully reset your passcode, click the green "Log in to Online Banking" button.
Step 4: Log in to M&T Online Banking for Business by entering your People's United User ID and newly created passcode.
Step 5: After you have logged in, you should be able to verify your account settings and enroll in electronic statements and notices..
- Once you have successfully logged in and can see your accounts, you should log in directly at mtb.com/login or use the M&T Mobile Banking for Business app for all future visits
- You can download the M&T Mobile Banking for Business app from the App Store® for iPhone® or Google Play™ for Android™
Establish your Quicken®/QuickBooks® Desktop connection
Link your M&T accounts with your Intuit's Quicken® or QuickBooks® personal financial management software.
People’s United Bank offered customers the ability to import account activity from Online Banking into Quicken®/QuickBooks® through Direct Connect or WebConnect.
At this time M&T does not offer file formats that support Web Connect (.QFX/.QBO), but you will have the ability to convert to M&T Direct Connect at no extra charge.
M&T Direct Connect provides:
- The ability to link your accounts with your Quicken or QuickBooks Desktop software
- The same interface and will allow for automatic updates (no manual updates) of financial data
- Access to Bill Pay and transfers
You should not experience any impact to your data through the transition.