Get optimal performance from M&T's online services by using the recommended equipment, software, browser settings and plug-ins.
M&T Online Banking, M&T Bill Pay & Online Statements
For the best experience when using M&T Online Banking, M&T Bill Pay or online statements and notices, we recommend:
- A desktop computer or laptop with Internet access
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10.0 or higher
- Google Chrome 35.0 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox 29.0 or higher
- Apple Safari 5.1.7 or higher
A lower version browser or PDF viewer may be used in some cases. However, for optimal performance, we suggest that you maintain current versions.
M&T Mobile Banking
For the best experience when using M&T Mobile Banking, we recommend:
- iOS version 9 and above for our Apple® app
- Android OS version 7.0 and above for our AndroidTM app
Bank to Bank Requirements
Internet Browser Compatibility:
- Google Chrome 22.0 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox 27.0 and higher
- Internet Explorer 11.0 and higher
- Apple Safari 7.0 and higher
Mobile Browser Compatibility:
- Apple Safari IOS 5.0 and higher
- Google Android OS 4.4 or higher
To receive M&T Alerts, you must have the following:
- M&T Online Banking account, including the equipment and software specified above for Online Banking
- A valid email address
M&T Alerts can also be sent via text message or app notification. Your mobile device must support the sending and receiving of text messages or meet the M&T Mobile Banking requirements.
M&T Direct Connect
To use M&T Direct Connect, you must have the equipment and software specified above for M&T Online Banking, as well as a version of Quicken® or QuickBooks® that is currently supported by Intuit (listed below).
- QuickBooks Pro 2018-2020
- QuickBooks Mac 2019-2020 (Bill Pay is not supported)
- Quicken Windows/Mac Annual Membership
- Quicken Windows Premiere 2017
- Quicken Mac 2017