Fast, easy and contactless checkout with the same security benefits as using a physical card.
Designed with features to make checkout fast and convenient — whether you shop in store or online.
Avoid touching frequently used public surfaces when you're shopping.
Save time without looking for or opening your physical wallet.
Earn points on your eligible rewards card, add customer loyalty cards and take advantage of special offers from your favorite retailers.
Set up is as quick and convenient as using your Digital Wallet
- Open or download the digital wallet app for your preferred provider: Apple Pay | Google Pay | Samsung Pay® | FitBit Pay™ | Garmin Pay™
- Follow in-app prompts to add eligible M&T Card(s) as your payment method.
- When checking out, select the digital wallet app for online purchases or look for the contactless icon in stores.
We take extra steps to help keep transactions secure.
How we reduce the risk of exposure to fraud:
- You'll only enter your personal information one time to start utilizing your Digital Wallet.
- A virtual device-specific number is used during Digital Wallet checkout instead of your card number.
- Purchases are protected by M&T Assurance and Visa's Zero Liability Policy to monitor and cover unauthorized charges.
Got questions? We're here to help?
What is a digital wallet?
A digital wallet uses contactless payment technology from an eligible device to allow merchants to receive customer payments.
How does a digital wallet work?
A digital wallet creates an electronic version of your M&T Card(s), assigning them a device account number or virtual account number for added protection. Once created, you can use your digital wallet at participating merchants who accept this form of payment.
How do I know if a merchant accepts a digital wallet?
Look for the digital wallet logo or the contactless symbol at checkout.
What is a device account number or a virtual account number?
Your 16-digit M&T card number(s) will be replaced with a device account number or virtual account number, that can be securely stored on your devices, and used for purchases. Your M&T card numbers are NOT stored on the device or on Google™, Apple®, Samsung, Fitbit® or Garmin Pay™ servers. This helps reduce the potential for fraud and simplifies checkout by eliminating the need for multiple card number entries when purchasing items in mobile applications (i.e., "in-app").
Which M&T card(s) can I use with a digital wallet?
Use your M&T personal and business debit or credit card(s) or your M&T Commercial card with Google Pay™, Apple Pay®, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay™ and Garmin Pay™. Be sure to set your M&T Card(s) as the “Default Card” on your device.