Whether you’re a student investing in your future or a parent helping teach financial responsibility, M&T can help jump-start the journey to financial independence.
Financial independence starts here
Enter for a chance to win $1,000 to pay for education expenses with the M&T Bank Scholarship Sweepstakes!
Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and restrictions, may be viewed here: M&T Bank Scholarship Sweepstakes Rules.
Employees or contractors of Sponsor, MGH, Inc. (the “Administrator”), or their affiliates, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) and members of their immediate families or households are not eligible. Winners of any other M&T Bank contest or sweepstakes in the previous six-month period are ineligible.
SPONSOR: M&T Bank, One M&T Plaza, Buffalo, NY 14203-2399.
NO monthly maintenance charge
NO minimum transaction requirements
NO minimum balance requirements
Secured Credit Card
Build your credit confidently, with a refundable security deposit equal to your credit limit starting at just $250
M&T has loan options whether you are starting under-grad or continuing on to grad school
Learn about budget hacks, preventing overdraft fees and more with our online education and money management tools
Help keep your money safe
✔️ Alerts Get timely balance, transaction and security updates sent right to your phone
✔️ M&T Assurance® Advanced fraud prevention and detection for debit and credit cards
✔️ EZShield Identity Protection® Help protect against identity theft with daily credit monitoring
Easy transfers & payments
Manage your accounts at home or on-the-go and deposit checks conveniently from your smartphone
We’re focused on providing the services you need, when you need and where you need them
Grow your savings by setting up automatic transfers from your checking to your savings account
Understand and monitor your accounts in one place to customize what you spend and save
- All loans and lines of credit and all terms referenced are subject to credit approval and other conditions. Other terms, conditions, fees and restrictions may apply.
- M&T BANK RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR DISCONTINUE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND BENEFITS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
- This information is for students attending participating degree-granting schools. M&T Bank Undergraduate Student Loan information is for undergraduates only. Graduate Certificate/Continuing Education coursework is not eligible for MBA, Medical, Dental, and Law School Loans. Borrowers must be U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents if the school is located outside of the United States. Non-U.S. citizen borrowers who reside in the U.S. are eligible with a creditworthy cosigner (who must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident) and are required to provide an unexpired government-issued photo ID to verify identity. Applications are subject to a requested minimum loan amount of $1,000. Current credit and other eligibility criteria apply.
- M&T Bank Loans are funded by M&T Bank.
- Information advertised valid as of 05/01/2021.
- Although we do not charge a penalty or fee if you prepay your loan, any prepayment will be applied as outlined in your promissory note—first to Unpaid Fees and costs, then to Unpaid Interest, and then to Current Principal.
- Loan amount cannot exceed the cost of attendance less financial aid received, as certified by the school. M&T Bank reserves the right to approve a lower loan amount than the school-certified amount. Miscellaneous personal expenses (such as a laptop) may be included in the cost of attendance for students enrolled at least half-time.
- Interest is charged throughout the life of the loan—beginning with disbursement, during school, through any grace/separation period, and ending when the loan is paid in full. With the Fixed and Deferred Repayment Options, the interest rate is higher than with the Interest Repayment Option and Unpaid Interest is added to the loan’s Current Principal at the end of the grace/separation period. Payments may be required during the grace/separation period depending on the repayment option selected. Variable rates may increase over the life of the loan.