Learn how complying with Payment Card Industry (PCI) security standards can help reduce your business’s risk of card fraud and data breaches. M&T’s PCI Assist Program guides you through the process.
Get the help you need to become PCI compliant.
Not sure where to start? M&T is here to help with PCI Assist, an online tool that helps you navigate the compliance process. As one of our merchants, you’re automatically enrolled in this all-in-one, PCI compliance solution. You’ll receive an email with links to activate your PCI Assist account.
Developed by Trustwave, a leader in PCI compliance and information security, PCI Assist includes:
- PCI Assist provides up to $100,000 for certain costs associated with a data breach
- TrustKeeper PCI Manager, a simple online tool, guides you through the compliance process one step at a time
- PCI Wizard and To Do List provide simple, actionable tasks required for compliance
- Monthly network scanning tests for over 6,000 operating system and application vulnerabilities
- Security Policy Advisor templates and guidelines help you develop your own data security policies and procedures
- 24/7 live customer and technical support to help with SAQ and scans
- Easy-to-understand online support materials and tutorials cover each step of the compliance process
- Trusted Commerce Website Seal and printable Certificate of Compliance assures customers your business is secure
What is PCI compliance?
PCI compliance is a process for attesting that your business adheres to the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS), a set of data security standards designed to reduce credit card fraud and data breaches. These standards are maintained by the PCI Security Standards Council, a global forum founded by the five major credit card brands.
Every business that accepts or handles debit or credit card payments and data is required to be PCI compliant and to attest that compliance annually to their merchant acquiring bank.
Who benefits from PCI compliance?
You and your customers do. As card security threats become more sophisticated, businesses struggle to keep up with the latest data security practices. PCI standards are continually updated to address these threats, providing the guidelines you need to help protect your business and your customers. Did you know:
- 58% of data breaches target small businesses
- The average cost of a breach to a small business is $30-$70K
- 63% of breaches target payment card data
- 81 records are stolen every second
How do businesses become PCI compliant? What are the requirements?
Your specific PCI compliance requirements depend upon how you process card payments and the number of transactions you process annually. However, in general, you must demonstrate your business has taken effective steps to:
- Build and maintain a secure network
- Protect cardholder data
- Maintain a vulnerability management program
- Implement strong access control measures
- Regularly monitor and test its networks
- Maintain an information security policy
Explore these resources to learn more about PCI compliance.
The security landscape changes fast. Let us bring you up-to-date:
- Read the PCI Council’s overview of the PCI DSS Security Standards
- Check to see if your software or gateway is PCI compliant
- Check out webinars, videos and white papers in Trustwave's Resource Library
Safeguard your business with PCI Assist today.