The M&T Charitable Foundation strives to strengthen our communities by providing support for a diverse range of civic, cultural, health and human service organizations through grants, employee volunteerism and in-kind services.
A Responsibility as a Corporate Citizen
Healthy communities are the foundation of successful businesses. The M&T Charitable Foundation works in partnership with non-profit organizations that focus on improving the quality of life for our customers, employees and neighbors. Our decisions are made locally, by the people who know their communities best.
A Foundation for Giving
The M&T Charitable Foundation offers financial support and resources to many types of organizations, including, but not limited to, those that support:
- Civic Affairs
- Health Care
- Human Services
Charitable Contributions Guidelines
All requests received by The M&T Charitable Foundation are reviewed in monthly meetings by local Charitable Contributions Committees.
In general, The M&T Charitable Foundation does not make grants to:
- Organizations that lack the 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
- Political organizations, candidates or lobbying efforts
- Fraternal organizations
- Sports teams
- National or international organizations, unless their programs have significant local impact
If your organization would like to be considered for a charitable contribution, you may be asked to submit the following:
- Board member list with affiliations
- Copy of the IRS 501(c)(3) federal tax exemption letter of determination
- Mission statement/purpose of your organization
- A list of other sources of funding
- Annual budget and/or project budget
- How you will measure the impact of your program
For information on how to apply for support, get in touch with the Charitable Contributions Contact for your region.
If you have read our guidelines and are ready to apply for support, please complete our online application to begin the process.