Payment Fraud Prevention
Learn how to help protect your business from payment fraud with our tips and resources.
Facts About Fraud
In the past, organizations could help protect themselves from payment fraud by using traditional accounting controls. However, now a routine activity like opening an email or visiting a website can leave your organization vulnerable to subtle and fast payment fraud.
Did You Know?
- Fraudulent wire and ACH transfers can occur within days or even hours of the exposure
- You may not even realize your organization's account information has been compromised until it's too late
- Recovery of any lost funds is often a long and cumbersome process that doesn't guarantee reimbursement
- Periodic reviews of your risks and controls with respect to payment fraud can help safeguard your organization
Payment Fraud Webinars
Internet fraud continues to be a large problem affecting many organizations. Our webinars and presentations are designed to generate awareness about this issue, educate you about the risks of payment fraud, and provide valuable tips for helping protect your organization.
Additional Information & Resources
- Get tips that can help keep your organization's finances safe from payment fraud with our Payment Fraud Checklist (PDF)
- Learn more about M&T's Fraud Reduction & Risk Management
- Read about Best Practices to Help Mitigate Commercial Card Fraud (PDF)
- Learn more about Visa Secure Authentication for Commercial Card (PDF)