How to Replace or Report a Stolen M&T Debit or Credit Card
Easily replace your card or notify us so that we can quickly block activity and get you a new card, if your card is lost or stolen.
Replace your card.
To request a new card, such as when your card is damaged or no longer works, you can:
- Log in to Online Banking and select Order a Replacement Card from the Services Menu (personal banking customers)
- Log in to the M&T Mobile App, select Card Services from the Menu, and select Order a Replacement Card (personal banking customers)
- Call 1-800-724-2440 (personal banking customers), 1-866-279-0888 (credit card customers) or 1-800-724-6070 (business banking customers)
Need additional help? Make an Appointment
If you replace your debit card, you will receive a new card with the same account number, but different expiration and CVV2 (3 three-digit code on the back of your card).
If you replace your credit card the replacement card will have the same expiration and CVV2.
Report a lost or stolen card.
The very first step you should take is to let us know your card is lost or stolen. To report a lost or stolen card, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, you can:
- Log in to Online Banking and select Report a Lost or Stolen Card from the Services Menu (personal banking customers)
- Log in to the M&T Mobile App, select Card Services from the Menu, and select Report a Lost or Stolen Card (personal banking customers)
- Call 1-800-724-1552
- Visit your local branch
We’ll disable your old card to help prevent any further activity or usage and then issue you a new one right away. And because you bank with M&T, you won’t be liable for any fraudulent charges, thanks to our M&T Assurance® program.
Temporarily lock your card
Misplaced your M&T Card? Temporarily lock it while you look for it. Locking your M&T card means that all new purchases and ATM transactions will be blocked until your card is unlocked.
When you’re ready, you can unlock your card at any time and begin using it again right away. Temporarily locking your card is not a replacement for reporting your card as lost or stolen. If you permanently lost your card or are experiencing fraud on your account, log in to Online Banking and report your card lost or stolen.