Welcome Fairway Mortgage Customers
Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation is transferring the servicing of your mortgage to Lakeview Loan Servicing, LLC, who has partnered with M&T Bank to provide the day-to-day servicing of your mortgage loan.
Need your new M&T mortgage account number?
Just enter a few pieces of information to find your new mortgage account number.
What to Expect During the Transfer
A Welcome Kit will be mailed to you approximately one week before your scheduled mortgage transfer date. Be sure to read it carefully and look for the effective date of your transfer. There are some important dates and information you should consider as your mortgage transfers.
Download Your Mortgage Transfer Timeline >
Make your first mortgage payment to M&T
A payment coupon will be included in the Welcome Kit that is mailed to you. Please be sure to include it with your first payment if you plan to mail a check. All payments should be made payable to "M&T Bank."
You can enroll in M&T's Monthly Automatic Payment Service by visiting onlinebanking.mtb.com. To enroll in non-monthly drafting, follow the instructions here.
After your first payment is made, you will receive monthly statements to manage your mortgage payments.
Enroll in M&T Online Banking to view your mortgage account information online
After transfer, you’ll have access to your new account information in M&T Online Banking. To view your account information in M&T Online Banking, you must first create a new User ID and Password by clicking on “Enroll Now.”
Learn how to enroll in M&T Online Banking (PDF).
Once you are enrolled in M&T Online Banking, you can make a payment online, sign up for electronic statements and retrieve your statement.
If you have misplaced your Welcome Letter containing your new account number, you can locate it online using the account number lookup tool.
Receiving your first billing statement
You can expect to receive your first mortgage billing statement in the mail approximately 2 weeks after your mortgage transfer date. After you enroll in M&T Online Banking, you can make your payment to M&T Bank online.
It’s important to keep communication between M&T and your insurance provider(s) operating well to provide excellent service to you and protect what may be your most important investment – your home.
Please ask your insurance carrier to change the mortgagee clause to:
ISAOA loan # (new M&T loan number)
PO BOX 5738
Springfield, OH 45501-5738
- Update this information and M&T if your insurance carrier(s) change.
- Update the above information on all property insurance you have on your home – hazard and flood.
Can I lower my payment with a large principal payment? (loan recast)
Yes! This is called a loan recast. You can request a recast of your principal and interest payment after you have made your first mortgage payment with M&T. A recast will recalculate a new principal and interest monthly payment amount following a large payment applied to your principal only. The recast does not change any other terms of your loan and you will mature at the maturity date recorded on your original mortgage note.
NOTE: The loan must be eligible to have a recast. Give us a call to validate eligibility.
What steps you need to take:
- Make your first full mortgage loan payment with M&T
- Call Customer Service to request the recast at 1-800-724-2224 and determine eligibility
- Make the large curtailment and pay the fee
- A modification agreement will be sent by E-Sign to you.
- Your payment will be updated after M&T receives and processes the completed E-Signed documents.
You can make your principal only loan payment with one of the following options:
- Online Payments: Visit Online Banking. This service will be available after your loan transfer is complete. Check your Welcome Kit for important dates related to the transfer of your mortgage. There is no fee for this service. If you haven’t already created a User ID and Passcode, you will need to do so by selecting “Enroll Now.” Learn more about how to enroll in online banking (PDF). Note: you do not need an M&T Bank checking or savings account to make an online payment – you can use a checking or savings account at any financial institution.
- Pay-by-Phone: 1-800-724-2224
- Other Payment Options: Pay in-person at any M&T branch at no charge.
More to know:
- There is a $250 fee to recast your mortgage loan. This can be paid when you make your large principal payment.
- Please continue to make your regular monthly payment throughout the process. You will receive a billing statement for the modification effective date detailing your new monthly principal and interest payment with the start date for your new payment amount.
- The recast does not happen automatically after you’ve made a large curtailment; you must call M&T to request the process, and determine if your loan is eligible.
Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) Information
- To automatically remove your PMI, the payment you make must lower the principal balance to a Loan To Value (LTV) ratio of 78.0%. Once your loan reaches a 78.0% LTV, the PMI will automatically be removed the following month.
- PMI is NOT automatically removed until the loan LTV reaches 78.0%. Once the LTV reaches 80.0%, you can request removal by calling customer service. Removal of PMI above 78.0% and below 80.0% will be evaluated in accordance with investor guidelines. Removal is not automatic, and is not guaranteed.
We are here for you
If you have any questions, call us at 1-866-820-1668, Monday through Friday, 8:30am–9:00pm, EST. Thank you for allowing us to serve your mortgage needs.