M&T Tailored Business Checking
Enjoy an account that lets you choose the options you need while making it easier than ever to save. Leverage our Business Credit Card and Merchant Services as ways to save on maintenance fees and create a scalable business.
M&T Tailored Business Checking is a checking account shaped to fit many of our small business customers and the way they do business.
- Monthly Maintenance Fee: $20
- No Monthly Maintenance Fee if at least one of the requirements below is met:
- Maintain $10,000 monthly Average Ledger Balance
- Maintain $25,000 Average Ledger Balance between checking & savings
- Make $2,000 in purchases on a linked M&T Business Credit Card
- M&T Bank Merchant Services proceeds deposited into this account
- No Monthly Maintenance Fee for 3 months
- No charge for first 500 transaction items and first $20,000 currency deposited or supplied per month
- Earn a preferred relationship rate on a Commercial Savings Account when linked to Tailored Business Checking
Additional account features are designed to help you save time and money, while providing you with peace of mind and convenient access to your account.
- M&T Business Debit Card with chip technology
- Overdraft protection available (Overdraft fees may apply.)
- Access your account via ATM, through Online and Mobile Banking for Business and M&T Telephone Banking
Monthly Maintenance Fee
Additional Transaction Items Fee
$0.50 per item in excess of first 500 checks paid, checks deposited, deposit tickets (whether physical or created virtually in connection with an ATM, mobile, remote check deposit or other electronic deposit), ACH credits and ACH debits
Additional Currency Deposited/Supplied Fee
$0.25/$100 in excess of first $20,000
Paper Statement Fee
$2.00 (waived if account is enrolled in electronic delivery and does not receive paper statements)
Is this product right for your business?
This product is best for business owners who:
- Want to take advantage of a business credit card and leverage charges to waive maintenance fees
- Want to save money with a dynamic checking account that can help you avoid maintenance fees
- Utilize Merchant Services and wish to save on maintenance fees
- Want to carry balances in their business savings accounts and leverage combined balances to waive maintenance fees
- Are looking for a scalable checking account solution
- Merchant Services are supported by merchant processing specialists who work hard to make sure you get the right credit card terminal and solution package for your business
- M&T Business Credit Cards keep your business moving while managing expenses
- M&T BizPay through Online Banking for Business allows you to manage and pay expenses for your business electronically, using ACH credit originations and domestic Wires
- Remote Check Deposit provides a fast and easy way to deposit checks for those who aren’t able to make trips to the branches daily
How to Open an Account
You can open an account online today or at your nearest M&T Bank branch where a Business Banking Specialist can assist you.
When opening a business checking account, you'll need to have the right documentation. Learn More >
- You must be at least 18 years old
- All applicants are subject to review of past account handling and verification of the information provided
- Business documentation may be required depending on business ownership structure (please contact a branch associate for details)
What are all of the transaction types?
Transactions include checks paid or deposited, cash deposits, and ACH debits and credits