Take the First Step to Homeownership
M&T has options to help you buy your first home.
Owning a home can be easier than you think.
Your home is much more than a place to live. It’s where you spend time with family and friends, and a space that’s uniquely yours. Making the transition from renting to owning a home may seem difficult, but with M&T, qualifying for a mortgage is easier and more affordable than ever.
With low downpayment mortgages, the option to finance most closing costs, and experienced mortgage consultants, we can help you realize your dream of homeownership. Talk to one of M&T’s experienced mortgage consultants today to find out which mortgage program is right for you.
What to expect when buying your first home.
We're here to help you understand what's next so you can plan ahead and make the right choice for you.
Explore the option of an M&T Home Starter Mortgage
- Lower downpayment requirements and the ability to finance most of your closing costs
- An affordable monthly payment with our competitive interest rates could mean a monthly payment lower than your current rent
- Use "non-traditional" credit sources such as proof of timely rent payments, utility payments and others to compensate for the lack of credit history
- A bi-weekly payment option could potentially save thousands of dollars in interest payments over the life of the loan
- No borrower-paid mortgage insurance requirement
The Home Starter Mortgage is available in select counties in CT, DC, DE, NH, MA, ME, MD, NJ, NY, PA, WV, VA & VT. There are no income limits in select areas.
For additional information about M&T’s Home Starter Mortgage, contact your M&T mortgage professional at 1-800-936-0969.
Our commitment is to understand your unique situation, so we can help you through the homebuying process with confidence. Our Mortgage Experts are here to work with you during each step.
Get started with one of our mortgage specialists by calling 1-800-936-0969.
"Our loan officer was knowledgeable, took time to explain everything, and was a pleasure to work with – he responded to emails and calls quickly, even on the weekend. Working with him made the process easy."