Start the home buying process.
We’re here to help you understand the steps so you can focus on finding the right home.
At M&T, we’re all about keeping it simple.
Our commitment is to understand your unique situation, so we can help you through the homebuying process with confidence. Our Mortgage Experts work with you during each step.
We start by getting to know you.
- We map out your financial goals to customize a home ownership plan just for you.
- Review your short and long-term financial commitments.
- Build a budget that works for you (down payment, monthly expenses, closing, and move-in costs).
Shop for your home with confidence.
- Get pre-approved online or with a Loan Expert.
- Use your pre-approval letter to shop with confidence and show the seller you’re prepared.
- Your dedicated Loan Expert will be here for any assistance you or your real estate agent may need.
Congrats -- you found a home.
- Start a mortgage application. Your dedicated Loan Expert will guide you to your best loan option.
- We'll provide you with a list of documents we'll need to keep your application moving forward.
- Snap a photo, connect to your financial institution, payroll provider, or tax preparer. You may also expedite the process by e-signing remotely.
- Close on your new home and celebrate.
Your new home is just the beginning.
- Set up online banking to access your account – anytime.
- Schedule your payment and manage your mortgage online or through our mobile app.
- You're part of the M&T family, and our experts will be here to assist you with future needs.
Get home faster with M&T Mortgages
At M&T Bank we understand all the decisions you need to consider when buying a home. Choosing the right loan shouldn’t be a difficult one. See how our process helps you get home faster.Watch Now
We're here to help.
Our mortgage experts can help you understand your options and guide you through the process.
"M&T was wonderful and did a great job! We will be referring any one we can to them for any loans they need in the future.”
M&T MORTGAGE CUSTOMERS