Online & Mobile Banking Security
We're committed to protecting your sensitive information – see what we're doing to help make online and mobile banking more secure.
Bank with confidence.
M&T Online Banking and M&T Mobile Banking have multiple features in place to help protect your financial and personal information.
- You must provide 3 separate pieces of identification during enrollment
- You will always be asked to enter your unique User ID and passcode upon login unless you previously enrolled in fingerprint or facial recognition login using a compatible device requiring your fingerprint or facial recognition data to login to the mobile app
- You will be periodically asked to answer personalized security questions to gain account access
- Your data will be stored and transmitted with 256-bit SSL encryption
- You will be automatically logged out of an inactive session
We take extra steps to help safeguard your mobile experience.
- Your passcode and account numbers are not saved to your device
- Your device will only display the last 4 digits of your account number or your account nickname
If you have security concerns, let us know.
If you are concerned that your account has been compromised, please contact M&T Online Customer Service at 1-800-790-9130 (Monday–Friday 8am–9pm, Saturday–Sunday 9am–5pm ET).
To report phishing scam attempts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.