1. How would you describe The Difference Baker to someone who’s never been?
The Difference Baker is a bakery-bistro certified free from gluten, soy, peanut, tree-nut, fish and crustaceans in Loudoun County, Virginia. This concept was born out of faith, love and hope for families dealing with dietary restrictions. Our mission is to bring Heaven on earth, one bite at a time, to those who deal with food restrictions. We provide a safe environment for those who suffer with immune diseases, food allergies and intolerances. Allergen-free food doesn’t have to taste any different! I love the fact that we are a bistro – and the only retail location in the US that has the certifications that we do, so people don’t have to guess about how we handle allergens.
2. What’s your favorite food that you offer?
All of our products are amazing, but if I had to choose, it would be the gluten- and soy-free chocolate donuts!
3. How did the bakery-bistro start?
God put it on my heart to open The Difference Baker in May of 2019, and we opened in November. Food allergies have been a part of my (and my family’s) story, and we were meant to turn our mess into this message to bless lives one bite at a time!
4. What’s the vibe you want customers to feel when they enter the bakery-bistro?
Love and comfort, with the most amazing food ever!
5. What’s your favorite thing about running a small business?
Learning from my staff and customers – and being my own boss.
6. If someone can visit you only once, what’s the must-have?
Our freshly fried donuts in our vegan fryer!
7. Does your business do anything special with – or for – the community?
Our business is one of a kind. We serve the allergen community not only through our location but have partnered up with several companies throughout the surrounding counties so they can bless their customers with safe, allergen-friendly baked goods.
8. What’s your favorite time of year for the bakery-bistro?
Every month is a blessing!