People's United Personal Banking FAQs
We're here to help answer your frequently asked questions as People's United joins the M&T Bank family.
United Bank Credit Card Transition
Online Account Transaction History
Statements and Notices
Where do I mail my payments or deposits?
If you previously sent in your payments and deposits by mail to People’s United, you should now send them to:
PO Box 62087
Baltimore, MD 21264-2087
What is an ACH Payment, ACH Recurring Payment and Online Bill Payment?
An ACH Payment is an electronic payment that you setup using your debit card, or routing and checking number. For example, when you pay your utility bill on their website, that payment is an ACH Payment.
A recurring ACH payment is an electronic payment that you setup using your debit card or routing and checking number to pay a specific amount on a set schedule, e.g. monthly or weekly.
An Online Banking Bill Payment is a payment that you send to anyone from M&T Mobile and Online Banking.
How do I pay my loans and other bills online?
You can schedule an internal transfer from your M&T checking or savings account to make your M&T credit card and M&T loan payments.
Please note: When scheduling a bill payment using M&T Bill Pay, your instructions will define the Delivery Date of the payment. For electronic bill payments, funds will be withdrawn two business days prior to the Delivery Date. For paper bill payments, funds will be withdrawn four business days prior to the Delivery Date.
Were my People’s United bill payments migrated to my M&T Mobile and Online Banking profile?
- We were able to migrate several digital services, including bill payments, to M&T Mobile and Online Banking. Please note that exceptions may apply. For more information, please visit the M&T Notice of Changes to Digital Services for Personal Accounts (PDF)
- If you haven't already, please log in to M&T Mobile and Online Banking and verify your payments and payees
I don't see all my Bill Pay payments or payees within my M&T Mobile and Online Banking profile. How do I set them up?
Were my People’s United transfers migrated to my M&T Mobile and Online Banking profile?
- We were able to migrate several digital services, including internal transfers, to M&T Mobile and Online Banking
- Please log in to M&T Online Banking and verify your account balances, settings, payments and transfers
You may need to reschedule certain types of transactions that will not be migrated, including external bank to bank transfers. Here are demos explaining how to:
- Schedule an internal transfer at M&T Bank: View Demo >
- Add an external account to the Bank to Bank Transfers service: View Demo >
- Schedule an external transfer using the Bank to Bank Transfers service at M&T Bank: View Demo >
Were mortgage payments I had scheduled from my People’s United accounts migrated to my M&T Mobile and Online Banking profile?
No. If you haven't already, you'll need to reschedule your mortgage payments using M&T Mobile and Online Banking.
What are my mobile check deposit dollar limits?
If you are enrolled in Mobile Check Deposit, you can find your current limit by logging in to the M&T Mobile Banking App or by selecting Mobile Deposit under the Services menu within M&T Online Banking.